Did you know there are 4 sets of royalties you're owed from Youtube videos as an artist? Yup, that's right, 4. It's not just the one we get from our Youtube partnership or Content ID program. You can also collect royalties for live performances on top of what you earn from ticket sales or are paid by the venue.
There's a lot of money getting stuck to the gum under the table and artists are missing out! The money we're owed that goes uncollected gets put into a black box and paid out to the top income earners in the industry. That's right, your unclaimed money is taken and given to artists and record companies making way more money than you.
I wrote this Whitepaper after researching and studying everything I could find about music royalties and royalty collection. Its goal is to help you earn more from your music.
Some of what's Inside:
- Different types of Royalties
- Collecting Mechanical Royalties
- Collecting Performance Royalties
- Collecting Royalties for Live Performances
- Differences between ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC
- Digital performance royalties
- Publishing Administration
- Why you need a Publishing Administrator